How to Apply
The following are highlights of the benefits offered by the Internal Medicine Residency Program at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School.
Salaries by Year
For the academic year 2023-2024
PGY - 1 $68,273
PGY - 2 $70,985
PGY - 3 $74,982
- All residents have access to health insurance, prescription drug program, dental care, disability insurance, and life insurance.
- Residents have the option to join the union, through which contracts are negotiated.
- An educational stipend of $1,300.00 is provided for books and journals yearly. In addition, residents are given $1,300.00 to attend resident orientation in June.
- Our scheduling system is designed to provide coverage in the event of sudden illness or personal emergency.Housestaff receive 4 weeks of vacation and are entitled to take up to 4 personal days and 12 sick days per year. Unused sick days can be rolled over to the next year.
- Daycare facilities are also available for housestaff at minimal cost.
- Financial coverage for national conferences attendance is provided for first authors presenting their research once per academic year.
- Housestaff can request an alternate day off or additional pay when working on a Rutgers University holiday.
- Bus shuttle from Medical School Building towards Newark and Newark Penn Station.
- Meal cards are provided for all three sites with a value of $25 for each call shift.
- UpToDate and MD Consult are offered for free to the housestaff, as well as a database access to clinical guidelines. Full text journal articles are available
- Medical library resources available at all three institutions.
- Links to Micromedex, Lippincott, medical textbooks and full text journal articles are available at the East Orange VA.
- Residents are provided with a complete three-year curriculum; goals and objectives are distributed online at the start of each rotation.
- Residents are given access to Canvas, an online platform on which we post recorded lectures, curricula, and applicable literature and other educational materials.
- All residents will be assigned a senior resident mentor who will assist in their transition into residency, and provide support and guidance.