About the Center
The Comprehensive COVID-19 Neurology Care Center of Excellence was established by the Department of Neurology to help patients with various neurological manifestations of COVID-19 infection.
This is the first neurology clinic in the tristate area to offer a multidisciplinary approach to the neurological complication of COVID-19 infection in collaboration with the department of medicine, ENT, physical medicine and rehabilitation, psychiatry, and the Pain Management Center. The neurological complications of COVID-19 infection include, but are not limited to:
- cognitive impairment
- neuropathic pain
- stroke and cerebrovascular disorders
- trigeminal neuralgia and myofacial pain
- seizure disorders
- Myelitis and demyelinating disorders
- Cranial nerve disorders including loss of smell and taste
- Peripheral Neuropathies including Guillain Barre Syndrome and other inflammatory neuropathies
- Muscle disease
The Comprehensive COVID-19 Neurology Care Center of Excellence will function within University Hospital and other Rutgers affiliated hospitals as a primary and/or consulting service for COVID-19 patients.
Once discharged, COVID-19 neurology patients may continue their follow-up care at our center on an as-needed basis. The benefit of having this option for continual care is that it enables a team-based approach between the COVID-19 Neurology Care Center and other departments within New Jersey Medical School. Together with the patient, their family, and other physicians, we can create both short and long-term goals, and work to meet the patient's needs.
The Comprehensive COVID-19 Neurology Care Center of Excellence may provide or coordinate the following tests:
- Electrodiagnostic and neurophysiological testing
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- Physical Therapy Evaluation
- Imaging Tests
- Cognitive function Tests
- Laboratory and Biological markers relevant to COVID-19 infection
- Autonomic Testing